Status: The network room gateway is a separate cisco 3750G switch. Once the physical device has problems, the entire network will be at risk.
First, Cisco 3750G stacking solution
The stacking technology uses a 32G bandwidth stacking cable provided by Cisco to connect several cisco3750G switches in series to implement unified management of several switches. One of them is the master and the rest is the slave. Once the master has problems, the remaining switches. Will re-elect a master. This solves the problem of the network that when the switch has problems during use.
1. Update the new ios of cisco3750G to make it consistent with the ios version of the original cisco3750G.
Copy ftp://10.0.0.164/c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE.bin flash:/
Boot system flash:/ c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE.bin
2. Empty the new 3750 configuration, and make initial configuration.
Switch 1 renumber 2
3. Backup the original cisco 3750G configuration
4. The original cisco 3750G priority is increased
Switch 1 priority 9
5. Connect the original cisco 3750G and the new cisco3750G through two stacking lines.
6. The new 3750G is connected to the power supply
7. Check if the stacking status is normal.
Second, the hot backup router protocol (HSRP)
SW1(config)#interface vlan 10
SW1(config-if)#standby 10 ip 192.168.10.254
SW1(config-if)#standby 10 preempt
SW1(config-if)#standby 10 priority 200
SW2(config)#interface vlan 10
SW2(config-if)#standby 10 ip 192.168.10.254
SW2(config-if)#standby 10 preempt
Third, the comparison of the two methods
Stacking technology solves the redundancy problem of physical equipment on the one hand, and solves the problem of insufficient scalability of cisco3750G on the other hand, and provides a unified management platform.
HSRP solves the redundancy problem of physical equipment on the one hand, and can share the traffic and pressure on the other hand.
Note: When the switch pressure is not large or the cisco3750G device is more than two, the redundancy is recommended.
The above are two ways to achieve redundancy for the Cisco 3750G switch. If you have any questions or other suggestions, please contact our online customer service.