Due to price and functionality, there are many different models of Cisco routers. Here we simply divide the cisco router types into low-end and high-end products.
ISR integrated multi-service router: 800, 1800, 2800, 3800.
Cisco 7200, 7300, 7600 (76 most widely used), 12000.
ASR series, this series is mainly for operators.
The following is an introduction to each series of Cisco Router.
Cisco 800 Series Routers
This integrated services router allows small organizations to run secure concurrent services at broadband speeds, including firewalls, ***, and wireless LANs.
● Wireless support – optional IEEE 802.11 b/g is available on the Cisco 850 and 870 series
● Enhanced security features, including stateful inspection firewall and hardware-assisted encryption
● Advanced threat prevention, intrusion prevention system (IPS) and services for voice over IP (VoIP)
Quality of Service (QoS) Features (Cisco 870 Series)
● Non-protected zone (DMZ), dial-up backup, and out-of-band management (Cisco 870 Series)
● Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) GUI tools for simple and advanced configuration
Cisco 1800 Series Integrated Services Routers
The Cisco 1800 Series Integrated Services Routers offer a variety of local area network and WAN options with a modular architecture and fixed architecture. The network interface on the Cisco 1841 is field upgradeable for exceptional flexibility.
These routers offer the following advantages:
● Fixed configuration router model provides 10/100 Ethernet, ADSL over ISDN, basic phone service ADSL, or a G.SHDSL WAN interface with integrated ISDN BRI (Cisco 1801, 1802, 1803, and 1812 models) or analog modem (Cisco 1811) backup interface
● Cisco 1861 model provides unified communications and integrated wireless LAN 802.11b/g
The Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers
Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers are optimized to provide secure, wire-speed provisioning of data, voice, and video concurrent services for small and medium-sized businesses and large enterprise branch offices. They offer the following advantages:
● Excellent performance for 1 to 6 T1/E1 links, supporting multiple services
● Advanced security features, including stateful firewall, intrusion prevention system (IPS), ***, and Cisco network standards
Incoming control (NAC)
● Delivered with Digital Encryption Standard (DES), Triple DES (3DES), and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
● The WLAN controller module is a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network
Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers
Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers deliver extreme performance and density to run concurrent data, security, voice and advanced services at wire speeds up to T3/E3
● These routers provide high availability and resiliency with hot-swap capability (OIR); redundant systems and feeder power option.
● High-speed WAN interface card (HWIC) leaves network module slots for other services
● The Wireless LAN Controller Module is a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network
Cisco ASR series: 900 1000 5000 9000, mostly used by operators
Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers deliver industry-leading performance, service capabilities, reliability and efficiency to telecom operators and enterprises in small form factor. Use the innovative Cisco QuantumFlow processor, instantly deliver current and future services at wire speed without impacting network performance or availability.
● For enterprises—provide secure WAN aggregation services that provide a set at the private WAN or Internet edge. Become a threat defense service or can be used to host CPE services
● For telecom operators – providing advanced consumer and commercial services flexibly and cost-effectively
Cisco XR 12000 and 12000 Series Routers
The Cisco XR 12000 and 12000 Series routers are carrier-class, multiservice edge routers that enable customers to migrate to a converged IP network infrastructure.
These routers offer the following advantages:● Supports edge-optimized line cards, and realizes the maximum value of line-speed edge applications through 10G uplinks. While maintaining line speed performance
● Up to 9 chassis options with new power supplies and improved fans, supporting a range of shared port adaptations (SPA) and SPA interface processor (SIP)
● These routers provide service enhancements (Tier 3***[L3***], L2***, and Quality of Service [QoS]) ensures personalized traffic while meeting the most stringent customer service level agreements.
Cisco 7600 Series
● Integrate LAN/Metro/WAN over a single platform
● Scalable backplane bandwidth (from 32Gbps to 720Gbps) and performance (from 30Mpps to over 400Mpps) with new Sup720 engine and distributed forwarding line card
● Large-capacity aggregation of service Ethernet
● Wide range of WAN/MAN interfaces (from NxDS0, T1, T3 to OC-48) and wire speed services
●Applicable to telecom carrier edge, metropolitan area network, triple play deployment and high-end enterprise solutions
●Catalyst 6500 series line cards and 7500/7200 series port adapters are also supported
Can you now easily distinguish the difference between them? Which type of Cisco router is the one you need most? You can visit the Cisco router price list at linknewnet.com, please feel free to contact us with any questions.